Monday, February 2, 2015

Lost in Thought-Daniel Terje


I’ve lived in a locked room for now… I don’t even know how long it’s been. I’ve given up on counting the days. I’m sure it’s been at least a few years. I don’t remember why I was put in here. I know it must’ve been for a good reason if I’ve been locked up for so long. It’s so dark. I can’t even see my hand in front of my face. I’ve forgotten what I look like. How tall am I? How long is my hair now? I haven’t eaten all this time, I wonder why I’m not hungry. I’m not tired either, how strange. I’m in this cell but I’m not chained or anything, but there is nothing to do in here, they many as well have chained me. All I do is sit around doing nothing. This really is no fun, I just want to enjoy myself, which is impossible in here. I tried to get out for the first few days or so, maybe weeks. There’s no way out. I wonder what I did wrong. I wonder where I am! Who put me in here in the first place? Feeling over my entire body, I learn, or remember, that I’m very thin, I have tall boots, cargo shorts, a long coat, but my shoulders are exposed. My hair on one side foes to about my shoulder and there’s a long braid. The other side is longer, my under arm or chest I’d say. My bangs are pretty long, I wonder if I could see even if it was light in here. I’m wearing glasses too. My skin is really soft. From what I remember, my eyes are green and my hair is white. Why is my hair white again? Am I an old man?! No, no I couldn’t be. I was 20 last I remember… so there’s no way I could be an old man. Maybe I’m just albino; yeah I’ll go with that. I want to get out of here. I want to actually see myself. I want to see other people. These words, they are my thoughts; I’m saying them out loud, really loud. I feel better when I talk aloud. I wonder if anyone can hear me. Can you hear me? …no? Yeah I didn’t think so. I’m all alone. I’m often talking, hearing my voice, hearing a voice in general, is the only thing that keeps me tied to reality. Is this reality? Or is this some painful dream? If this is a dream, I want to wake up I want to wake up now! I wish someone would listen to me right now. Maybe… it’s strange but, what if someone was listening but had no way to respond back. If that’s the case, hello. I wonder if they know who I am… probably not. I bet the person who locked me in here forgot about me as well. I’ve forgotten a lot. I vet someone wiped my memory or something. For some reason that doesn’t sound unreasonable. I don’t remember anything other than the fact my name is Daniel Rune Terje and I’m from Norway. I remember that I was 20 when I was locked away, and someone put me here. I don’t know anything else. If someone else remembered me and helped remind me who I am, then maybe I’d remember why I was locked in here and why I can’t get out. Will someone please tell me who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment